On March 25, 2017, I sent my men's Movado Eliro watch in for a battery replacement at a Helzberg Diamonds retailer.Approximately 3.5 weeks later, the watch was returned working again, but with a obvious piece of white lint dangling between the crystal and the interior black face.

The watch was immediately sent back to the jeweler a second time on April 17th. When the watch returned on May 17th, the piece of lint was removed, but the watch was not working. The following day, the watch was returned to the same jeweler a third time. Upon receipt of the watch, the jeweler advised the manager at the Helzberg Diamonds retailer that the watch was in need of a cleaning, oil and adjustment.

The manager then indicated to me of that this service, along with the pressure seal and battery would not be charged to me. Although I was thankful for this, I, however, contended that my watch was indeed operational the time it returned from the jeweler the first time, and that the work that was done to remove the lint from under the crystal caused the watch to stop working. My watch finally returned to the Helzberg Diamonds retailer on June 5th. Prior to picking up the watch, I contacted the national customer care team at Helzberg Diamonds, and had requested assistance in obtaining the documentation from the jeweler listing all the work performed.

I had clearly indicated my intention of selling the watch, and wanted to provide documentation to the appraiser in assessing the watch's value. After what appeared to be countless attempts in a 2.5 week period, the customer care team at Helzberg Diamonds failed to contact me regarding the needed documentation. Every customer care team representative promised to contact me within 24-48 hours, but never did. When I had finally reached a supervisor in customer care, the supervisor instructed me the regional manager would be taking of the matter.

On June 29th, I was informed by the regional manager that the information I was seeking was not going to be "official," and that he would be sending it to me the following week, via e-mail. I am very disappointed with this experience. Do retailers, like Helzberg Diamonds, take the time to listen to consumers today? Are the customer service departments, like Helzberg Diamonds, capable of handling customer service needs?

Are retailers, like Helzberg Diamonds, concerned with identifying the shortcomings and areas of concern within their company? Are retailers, like Helzberg Diamonds, concerned with building, and maintaining their relationships with their customer base?

The world may never know ....

Review about: Helzberg Diamonds Watch Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Watch repair and the poor customer service.

Had an Experience with Helzberg Diamonds?

Comments